The S&P 500 finished the year down 19.4% from last year. If you had taken that money and invested in any of these collector cars instead, you’d be a much happier camper. Throughout the year, we’ve tracked sale prices from the leading auction venues around the world (live and online), and used that data to present to you the Top 100 Collector Car Markets of 2022 – the top models of classic and exotic cars whose overall market value has increased over the past year.
While all of the markets in the chart below performed well over the entire year, it’s important to note that we saw a shift mid-year, when the broader economic effects of inflation and the war in Ukraine effected markets around the world, including the collector car market. To account for that, we have noted the current growth rate of each market with 1 of 3 colors in the “2022 Growth” column:
- Green: the market has grown over 10% in the last half of the year
- Grey: the market is stablizing with growth between 0-10% in the last half of the year
- Red: the market is slowing down, with negative growth in the last half of the year
Tips on using this chart:
- Click on the name of a Market to view all sales tracked in the last 5 years
- Use the Search box to view all Markets of a certain Make (ex: Porsche, Ferrari, Toyota)
- Sort the list by clicking on each Column header
- Refresh the page to re-sort the list back to the initial setting
Enjoy – and don’t forget to check out the Most Expensive Collector Cars Sold in 2022, too!
The Top 100 Markets, 2022
Note: Image is representative of the Market as a whole, not a specific listing.
Presented by CLASSIC.COM, The Top 100 Markets is a bi-annual list of the best performing markets in the classic and exotic car industry during the last 12 months. Sale prices are collected from the leading auction venues around the world in real time (live and online) and curated into comparable data sets known as Markets. We rank all Markets based on the year-over-year growth in CMB*, and report The Top 100 for you. Based on data collected from January 1, 2022 through December 15, 2022.
Media contact: email@example.com
*The CLASSIC.COM Market Benchmark (CMB) is a benchmark value for vehicles in a given Market based on data accumulated by CLASSIC.COM and calculated by a proprietary algorithm that takes into account volume and recency of each data point. CMB can be used to assess the performance of a market over a given time period. However, it does not represent the value of a specific vehicle. Read more in our Glossary of Terms